BIO: Dr. Reagan B. Anderson is an Osteopathic Doctor (DO) who specializes in general Dermatology and in Mohs Micrographic Surgery for
Upon matriculation, Dr. Anderson was commissioned in the United States Navy where he spent the majority of his time serving the United States Navy as the First Reconnaissance Battalion Surgeon. Dr. Anderson states, “Over the five years I spent in the U.S. Navy, it was my distinct honor to serve the medical needs of the military men and women of our great country. This experience, particularly my tours in Iraq where I treated U.S. and coalition military members as well as Iraqi civilians, gave me extensive experience in recognizing and treating the underlying causes of dermatologic conditions.”
Dr. Anderson left the military in order to pursue Dermatology. During his three year dermatology residency at the Michigan State University Consortium/Oakwood Southshore Medical Center, he was actively involved in academic pursuits which included national and international lecturing as well as publishing several dermatologic articles. He became President of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology from 2020-2021.
Since opening the Colorado Dermatology Institute in July, 2010, Dr. Anderson has been recognized as a Board Certified
Dermatologist by the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology; as a Fellow Member of the American Society of Mohs Surgeons; and is one of approximately 60 Mohs surgeons in the U.S. to attain the prestigious American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology Certificate of Added Qualification in Mohs Micrographic Surgery. He is also an assistant professor at Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Parker, CO and in conjunction with Rocky Vista University, founded the Colorado Dermatology Institute/Rocky Vista University Dermatology Residency program as its Program Director, 2013-2017.
Dr. Anderson has authored the book “Universal Death Care – A Solution for Healthcare in the Age of Entitlement” in order to empower us all to solve the healthcare crisis in the USA.
Dr. Anderson’s passion for Dermatology is expressed in his personal statement: "Dermatology is a vast field which has captured my interest and is teaching me more than just the medical side of our largest and most visible organ. Our skin incorporates the kaleidoscope of our genetics, environment, and psyche into the dynamic processes for which you find yourself seeking medical intervention. The interplay between all of these factors makes the field of dermatology endlessly enjoyable and rewarding.
I am sincerely grateful to so many people who have paved the way for me to be a Doctor in this great country: family, friends,
wonderful patients whom I am privileged to serve, my Dermatology Program Director Dr. Grekin who taught me how to “SHOW
others you care,” Tony Robbins for teaching me how to live with passion, and my beautiful wife who I am so blessed to know. Thank you for allowing me to be part of the team which is privileged to ‘help you become comfortable in your skin."
Education and Certifications
* Bachelors of Science, General Biology University of British Columbia, 1992-1996. Vancouver, BC
* Master of Christian Studies Regent College, 1996-1998. Vancouver, BC
* Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1998-2002. Kirksville, MO
* American Osteopathic Association Approved Internship, Family Practice Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, CA 2002-2003
* Undersea/Diving Medical Officer, UMO/DMO Naval Undersea Medical Institute, 2004. Groton, CT, Panama City, FL
* Master of Public Health School, ATSU, 2005-2006. Kirksville, MO
* Dermatology Residency Michigan State University/Oakwood Southshore Medical Center, 2007-2010. Trenton, MI
* Board Certified Dermatologist, 2010 American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology
* Fellow Member of the American Society of Mohs Surgeons, 2011
* Certificate of Added Qualification for Mohs Surgery, American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology, 2012
Dr. Anderson on the web: Visit: https://reaganbanderson.com/
Dr. Anderson's Your Health University on YouTube: Visit: https://youtu.be/BNSEAEx_agQ